Thursday 16 February 2012

Review of LightMasters: Number 13 by M.G Wells

LightMasters: Number 13
Description 
Orphaned after her parents' tragic death, Jessica Wyrd feels uneasy living with her gassy grandparents. With few friends and constant teasing by her hardcore schoolmates, this Georgia girl feels like an outcast living in a small town in upstate New York. 
Anxious about being forgotten on her 13th birthday, Jessica is lured into the forest by a strange spiral light. She encounters three Lighmasters, who convince her that she has unique gifts. Intrigued, she's transported to another dimension where she is tested for her courage and strength. 
Things change drastically when Jessica returns to earth. During school, her reality shifts and people start turning into reptilian monsters. The leader of the Lightmasters tells her she's needed by the alliance to defeat an invisible alien beast, who feeds off fear. 
How can Jessica conquer her own fears and help rid the world of a wicked enemy who hates humans?

My Thoughts
This was free on Amazon, but the main reason why I read it was because it is a group read in a group called Basically Books on goodreads. The simplicity of the cover is intriguing and interesting. The description makes me think its going to be an amazing read so with that I feel its going to be a good book.  

First things first, I loved the storyline and the concept of the book, I really loved some of the characters and how they acted in the book. It was a short but sweet book. Though I felt very disconnected sometimes, and I felt it moved on far to quickly. I didn't feel all the emotions in the book which I should have felt. I also felt some things could of been described more. The text was simple and easy to read. I really do feel this is more for younger readers because I just wanted to go down to a school or something to read it in front of some children.

Jessica is the main character and I liked her as a character but I felt she didn't know what to do, what to think and what to feel. I mean if I was told I was special or to go to a certain place, I wouldnt just do it, I would think about why, what will happen etc. I felt very disconnected with her but I still no matter what liked her for her bravery and courage throughout the book.
Her grandparents are so mysterious and strange in a way I really cant explain. They were there but then they weren't. It wasn't until half way through the book that they actually became more involved in the book.
Her friends or enemies I'm not quite sure who's who, I was very confused because one minute she's friend with one person then the next they are enemies and I didn't see this happen it just did. Some friends were actually not in the book really until the end and then the storyline there was good but weird.
There is more characters but I feel I can't really say much about them.

My overall opinion is I loved the concept of the book and the ideas, but I felt it could of been set out better.
I recommend this book to younger readers, and maybe people who would read anything.


Tara
Rating:





(sorry I'm late with reviews) 

2 comments:

  1. I'm still at the start of this one. :p All these other things keep interferring.

    I've dropped by to let you know that I've tagged you. It's a little hard to explain in a comment, but if you check the post you'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YeAH :p LOL


    I saw it and did it :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...