Friday 10 February 2012

Review of The Iron Thorn (Iron Codex #1) by Caitlin Kittredge

The Iron Thorn (Iron Codex, #1)Description
In the city of Lovecraft, the Proctors rule and a great Engine turns below the streets, grinding any resistance to their order to dust. The necrovirus is blamed for Lovecraft's epidemic of madness, for the strange and eldritch creatures that roam the streets after dark, and for everything that the city leaders deem Heretical—born of the belief in magic and witchcraft. And for Aoife Grayson, her time is growing shorter by the day.
Aoife Grayson's family is unique, in the worst way—every one of them, including her mother and her elder brother Conrad, has gone mad on their 16th birthday. And now, a ward of the state, and one of the only female students at the School of Engines, she is trying to pretend that her fate can be different.


My Thoughts
My sister bought this as she does with other books which I have read. After she finished she told me how good it was and kept insisting for me to read it. The cover is very dark and mysterious and the girl is clearly the main character Aoife. The description.. cover, title and the recommendation from my sister is enough for me to read it.

I absolutely loved this book, it had everything a good book should have, Great grammar and spellings, an interesting storyline in which I was glued to right from the start. A captivating scenario and also some great characters. I read about 2 chapters and I just wanted to read more, the way it started and the way it continued was immense and I loved everything what happened. The pace of the book was correct and easy to read and understand. The POV is centred around Aoife and what happens to her throughout the whole book.

I loved all of the characters in different ways, though some I loved then started to dislike, and some I disliked and then started to love, and there's the main character Aoife who I loved throughout the whole book.
The main character Aoife is such a good character throughout the whole book. She does what she thinks is best and she doesn't always follow the rules to get where she wants to be. Her love for her brother is very heart warming and the fact she would do anything to help him just reminds me that some people would risk anything to protect or save someone they love. I really enjoyed her attitude throughout the book and the fact even if she knew she shouldn't do a certain thing, is she was intrigued she would do it.
Her friend Cal is very understanding of her but then he started getting very annoying and kept mentioning things to her which would annoy her. He didn't understand some things which he should be able to. Though i loved the fact he cared about her. Overall I thought he was an all right character.
Dean is also a main character who I really hated to start with, he kept saying 'Doll' and stuff and it was getting very annoying. I felt he was only doing it to get something from it, but as the book went on I started to like him. He cares for Aoife and I felt he understood her more than her friend Cal. 
There is many other characters but these 3 were the main ones. I loved most of the characters for different reasons, whether it was because they were evil or good. Most of the characters were very interesting and I liked that, because if the characters are boring then the book will get boring whether or not the storyline is or not. 

My overall opinion of this book is, I loved it so much the characters, storyline and pace of the book makes it one of the best books ever. The ending kept me asking for more, and I am so happy my sister has ordered the second one. 
I will recommend this book to ALL YA lovers and people who want a good book to read. 


Tara
Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...