Monday 20 February 2012

Review of The End of the World (Skulduggery Pleasant #6.5) by Derek Landy

Skulduggery and Valkyrie are back, in an exclusive World Book Day novelette, set after the momentous events of Death Bringer…
The End of the WorldDescription
Hey, punks! Skulduggery and Valkyrie are about to make your day…

15-year-old Ryan is running away from home, looking for escape and adventure. But unfortunately, sometimes people DO get what they wish for. Ryan hasn’t gone far before he is set upon by a bunch of scary, nihilistic punk-sorcerers who need him to set off a doomsday device that will destroy the planet and everyone on it. Fun!

Riding to the rescue, however, is a certain skeleton detective and his teenage partner/combat accessory. Now Skulduggery and Valkyrie only have a few hours to figure out what's going on, while saving Ryan and – incidentally – the whole world.

And all that time, the punk-sorcerors are closing in…

(I am going to be doing this review a little different as this is a short novlette)

My Thoughts
I am so glad that Derek Landy decided to do this, as I was in need for some Skulduggery fun.
I know this is a short book but I really enjoyed it.
I felt this had a great storyline and great ides for such a short book.
The way it was BOOM right into the storyline, there was no slow waiting for action, it was just action.. action and well more action.
As in the other books by Derek Landy, the book has a lot of humour in it, which made me laugh a lot and I smile throughout most of the book. He managed to put emotion into the book and I actually felt every little bit of emotion towards the characters even thought I hardly know them.
The characters are portrayed in a very good way. Valkyrie is still the kick ass girl who I love so much. Skulduggery is still a funny skeleton who brings laughter into the book. The main character Ryan is a good characters and he was also funny in time.

My overall opinion of this book is, I loved it so much and I can't wait for the 7th book from Derek Landy :)
I recommend this book to Skulduggery Pleasant fans and who love a short book.

Tara
Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...