Monday 30 January 2012

The Cover Wars: Knife/Spell Hunter



Rea of Rea's Reading and Reviews and I decided to get together to do a weekly meme where we would compare covers of the UK editions of books with those of the US editions.
The aim of this is to just have a bit of fun. We put ourselves in the position where we see both of these books side by side in the bookstore. Which would we choose? Why that one and not the other?

This week, we will be comparing the UK and US covers of Knife by R.J. Anderson or in the US it is called Spell Hunter because I have read the start of this, and yes I couldn't get into it but I know that if I tried harder I may be able to. I still have the book and I hope to read this some time in my life. 

The First book is the US version and the Second one is the UK version. 


Tara says: I have the UK version and I really like it. I feel the glow of the cover is amazing and the fact it's so simple but pretty really appealed to me. When I saw the US version on GoodReads, I loved it. I like how you can see the character in detail and it's very colourful. In my opinion It says more about the book than the UK version. Also, I prefer the US name of the book. I am going with US this week. 

Rea says: At first glance, it was the US cover that caught my attention. It’s almost like a painting, which is both its strength and its weakness: its strength because of how pretty it is; its weakness because there’s just too much going on in it. When compared with the UK cover, it stands out for its beauty but that’s about it. The UK cover is simple yet eye-catching with that very grumpy fairy. The blue complements the ethereal fairy perfectly. What’s more, the title is both snappier and clearer. With the US cover, I wasn't sure which one was the actual title at first, but it’s certainly clear with just the one word on the UK cover! I’m going with UK this week.



Score: 

Week 2:     US: 1    UK: 0    Draw: 1




     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...