Monday 30 January 2012

Review of The Childe (The Childe #1) by C.A. Kunz

The Childe (The Childe, #1)
Description 

Cat Colvin 

Average Teenager? 

Or Something Else Entirely? 



Cat Colvin is pretty much your typical run-of-the-mill teenager. Sure, she’s taller than most girls, has a mane of fiery red hair that’s impossible to tame, is left-handed, and her eyes are two different colors, but that’s where the differences end... unless you include the minor detail of her slow transformation into a Childe. 

High school can definitely be challenging, and for Cat it’s no different. This is especially true when she’s faced with the daunting task of trying to hide her budding Childe traits as they begin to reveal themselves at the most inopportune times. To make matters worse, her family is oddly dead set against Ryan, the boy she grows to like. But everyone has their secrets: is Ryan really what he seems to be, and what is Cat’s family not telling her?


My Thoughts 
This book was also free on Amazon, and so I read the description and thought it sounded amazing, so I downloaded it on my kindle. I was reading other books then, so I was leaving this to when I had no other books to read on my kindle. The cover of this book looks very interesting and everything looks so dark about it apart from the bright red hair in which if you have read the description you will know that is the main character Cat. First impression is a very good impression and so I hope the book lives up to the cover and description.

I only read 8% and I just wanted to read more, to see everything being solved or sorted. I felt very glued to the book and when something was happening I sometimes felt that, it was me and not that character because I got so into it. As of other books, it took a while for me to realise what was going on and what was what and who was who, but I did get an idea of what was happening half way through it. I loved the storyline and plot and the fact not everything was solved by the end which makes me just want to buy the next one, but I may wait. The style of writing makes it easy to read and I can easily say I loved how the writing just flowed with me, I couldn't help but read it. The POV was mostly on Cat but now and then it changes to another character to see what they are doing or how they are feeling and even what they are thinking.

Cat doesn't know that something is different about her, apart from the things she sees, she just thinks she's an average teenager, but things start happening to her which she is scared to tell anyone about in case they think she is going mad. She can't help but feel good when she's with Ryan, but he acts weird around her so she knows there is no chance they could be together. I hate how she doesn't know anything that is going on even though she is 17 years old which i feel is old enough to know any truth and maybe even try and deal with it.
Her parents and family I think are treating her like a kid by keeping her in the dark, I mean if I knew people were hiding something from me since I was born I think I would love to know, no matter what is.
I love her friends in this book, because she has a few and they all different. One of them just can't help but be scared and embarrassed but you see her grow within the book. All of her friends are so protective and caring of her and I am quite jealous at how popular but un popular she is.
There is some sort of mean people in this book who instantly hate Cat, and I just felt.. oh no. I felt they are going to hurt her or kidnap her because she's special are something.
Ryan who instantly likes her has to stay away because of Isaac and the rest of his friends, which we don't know why. I like Ryan he is the only one apart from her family and friends who actually cares for her. But her parents seem to not act correctly while she is around.
There is many more characters but writing them down and talking about them all on here will make my review very, very big.

My overall opinion of this book is i loved how the characters were portrayed and the way the story was told. The ending was asking me for more which means this is a series to continue eventually.
I recommend this book to anyone who loves YA, and loves a bit of mystery but also a little romance.


 Tara
Rating: 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...