Sunday 22 January 2012

Review of Roderick Blackwood & The Demon Stone by Ralph Rathbone

RODERICK BLACKWOOD & THE DEMON STONEDescription
When magician Roderick Blackwood puts on a show of his magical abilities for his friend, he attracts the attention of a demon named Belzial. Belzial forces him to go on a quest for a magical stone which was stolen by a rogue sorcerer. Roderick must face-off against many magical creatures and dangerous supernatural situations on his journey, and as his quest progresses, he comes to learn a shocking truth about himself and his place in the world.

My Thoughts 
As the two reviews before this, I was asked by the author to read this and I am always up to reading anything. I feel this cover is very boring and not interesting at all. Luckily the description and the title kept me interested in the book.

First things first, I managed to read it all even though the format on my kindle made the writing huge, spaced out and very annoying. I felt the book lacked a proper introduction, because I felt confused when it just zoomed straight into the storyline. The storyline is very interesting and I liked how the plot was going, but it lacked a lot of work. I felt very confused because one minute they were one place and then next minute they were somewhere else. Also there was spelling errors and some confused me.

Roderick is the main character and he shows of his powers which attracts a demon called Belzial. He has to help the demon Belzial. Roderick does everything he can to do what he said to do and throughout the book loses people he likes and almost loses someone else. I feel he was a good character but lacked a lot of things.
I can't think of much to say about any more characters apart from Belzial the demon who seems like a mean guy.
I felt the characters needed a lot of work to do as I was confused on who was who and what there role was in the book.
I loved the ending I think the ending was the best part and if there is a second one I would be willing to read it.

My overall opinion is that I liked this book but it could of been improved a lot. Ralph Rathbone has did a great job.
I would recommend this book to people who likes a book about finding your true-self.


Tara
Rating: 







3 comments:

  1. Love you and your blog!
    You have an award waiting for you here: http://wtfareyoureading.blogspot.com/2012/01/lookie-what-i-got.html

    Keep up the GREAT work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the book "lacked" a lot. :( I think you use the word four or five times!

    It's a shame that you didn't like it. At least the ending made up for it! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it does.. haha..

    Yes it did :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...