Thursday 26 January 2012

Review of Crossroads (Crossroads Saga #1) by Mary Ting

CrossroadsDescription
Claudia Emerson has a good friend who shares the same first name and last name. That friend unfortunately dies in a tragic accident during homecoming dance. Claudia is distraught at the loss of her friend, but is even more disturbed by her dreams, which seem to take her to another place called Crossroads. Unknown to her, Crossroads is like a second heaven, a place between heaven and earth. It is where the souls of humans in comas or near death experiences may wander.
There, Claudia meets Michael, a nephilim, a half angel, half human, whom she often meets in her dreams. It turns out that this isn’t her first visit to Crossroads, which is an enigma for no human can ever travel there until Claudia. Now the fallen and demons are after her, suspecting she must be special and it is up to Michael and the other nephilims to protect her.
Can Michael fight his growing feelings for Claudia and protect her as a guardian angel should? The answer awaits you! Follow the exciting path to Crossroads!

My Thoughts
This was free on Amazon and so I grabbed it while I could. I didn't even read the description, I just saw the cover and went, I am going to get it. The title, the cover, and then the description all in one is just amazing. All I wanted to do was forget about the book I was reading and read this, but I couldn't so once I had the chance to read this, I took it.

Once I got that free time, I read it, and I mean I read it within 24hours. This was a book that after reading just 20%, you just needed to read more. The storyline and the way it flowed was amazing, I loved how all of the characters were portrayed, and how each and everyone of them had something different about them. The style of the writing I easy to understand and is loved how the prologue and the epilogue was told by some-ones else prospective to give the book a better idea of what is happening. The POV is mostly focused on Claudia because of her being the main character.

Claudia being the main female character of the book has been living a normal life, apart from in her dreams. She has friends and she loves her Mum and Gran. When she finds out one of her friends has died in an accident she is upset, but then she dreams of being somewhere, and that's when she meets Michael. She always thinks these are just dreams but then she finds out the whole truth later on in the book. I love her character so much because she would do anything to live a normal life just like she has been. She is a smart and nice girl and her love for her family is just amazing.
Michael is a nephilim, a half angel and half angel, he has known about Claudia for his whole life but he couldn't see or speak to her when she was dreaming. I love his character and how he learns to love and care for her, he doesn't care if it means he will get trouble.
Aden is the main big,bad evil guy, though we don't see much of him throughout the book, but when you do its only to kidnap, hurt, use and kill Claudia. When he was mentioned or spoke in the book I actually felt a shiver run through my body, with just thinking he would do anything to get her. He does more throughout the book and then the end, he steeps even lower. I hated him throughout the whole book, but I mean all books have those bad guys who just ain't likeable, but then you are glad they are around.
There is many more characters which makes this book an amazing read.

My overall opinion of this book is that I loved this so much and I liked how the romance in this book progressed instead of just happening straight away.I also loved how the book just kept me reading until I finshed and then once I finished I just wanted more. This is one of my Favourite books this year.
I recommend this book to anyone who loved angels, love and great good and bad guys. Also if you are a big fan of YA, then you should definitely read this book. I want to congratulate Mary Ting for writing such an amazing book.


Tara
Rating: 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...