Saturday 15 October 2011

Review of Tithe (The Modern Faerie Tales #1) by Holly Black

Tithe (The Modern Faerie Tales, #1)
Description
Sixteen-year-old Kaye is a modern nomad. Fierce and independent, she travels from city to city with her mother's rock band until an ominous attack forces the sixteen-year-old back to her childhood home. There, amid the industrial, blue-collar New Jersey backdrop, Kaye soon finds herself an unwilling pawn in an ancient power struggle between two rival faerie kingdoms -- a struggle that could very well mean her death.



My Thoughts 
So.. I knew my sister has had this for a while.. but I never thought of reading it until I read all of the other books my sister had read and I loved them so why not try this one. The cover is very intriguing to me and it well is also to do with the book which is great. So I was getting excited to read this.. and how I was glad to read it.

The writing style of this books is easy and great, the font in the book is big so it was an easy and quick read but it never lacked in anything. Love wasn't a great deal but yet was apart of it. The POV kept changing but it was mostly on Kaye seen as to me she was the main character :D. I loved how this book was a bit different to other faerie books which I am glad.. I say, what's the point in every book being the same. I love the plot and the ideas of the whole book.

Kaye is such a great character and she doesn't even know the full truth. She is brave, strong and she is a loving character. As in other books she doesn't want what is happening but she will have to live with it and get used to it, and I think she deals with it in away I might of if I was told what she was told. Rye is a faerie and he plays a good part in this book. Cornelius also plays a part in this book and the way he accepts it is well a lot better than I thought... a bit unreal but oh well. He is brave and charming. All characters in this book I feel in love with or liked a lot, even the bad guys. (yeah I know, I'm mental).

My overall opinion of this book is that it is amazing and I truly loved it. It was an easy read and loveable characters. I recommend this book to anyone who loves a good faerie story/book.



Tara


Rating: 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...