Thursday 20 October 2011

Review of Stolen (Women of the Otherworld #2) by Kelley Armstrong



Even though she’s the world’s only female werewolf, Elena Michaels is just a regular girl at heart -- with larger than normal appetites. She sticks to three feasts a day, loves long runs in the moonlight, and has a lover who is unbelievably frustrating yet all the more sexy for his dark side. Like every regular girl, she certainly doesn't believe in witches. Then again, when two small, ridiculously feminine women manage to hurl her against a wall, and then save her from the hunters on her tail, Elena realizes that maybe there are more things in heaven and earth than she’s dreamt of.
Vampires, demons, shamans, witches -- in Stolen they all exist, and they’re all under attack. An obsessed tycoon with a sick curiosity is well on his way to amassing a private collection of supernaturals, and plans to harness their powers for himself -- even if it means killing them. For Elena, kidnapped and imprisoned deep underground, separated from her Pack, unable to tell her friends from her enemies, choosing the right allies is a matter of life and death.

*This is an adult book and may contain sex, and it does contain strong language*



After reading the first one I had to grab the second one as soon as possible and start reading it. The description just makes me fall into the book, and I just wanted to read it all. Once again the cover is just amazing and I knew what the book was roughly about before I even read the blurb.


This book was even better than the first one. If I could rate this higher than I have I would. This one had hardly any sex scenes and that meant there was more action. From the very first chapter to the very last I may have put the book down at times but that's only if I was in college.. or on the laptop or going to sleep. Other than that I was glued to it and I didn't want to stop reading. The plot and writing style is so good. The plot is basically what the blurb/description says. The writing style is the same as the book before. The POV is once again Elena, I love the POV being Elena I do not know how I am going to like the POV being different in the next book.


Well what can I say about the characters.. It is the same characters as the book before.. but a lot more characters are also introduced, and not just good ones, bad ones too. Elena is once again the main character, she is brave, strong and I love her to bits, once again she tries anything to save her life and others. Clay. Jeremy is also in the book but they don't play a major role as they did with the book before. Paige and Ruth are witches and they come into the book to warn the werewolf's about what has been happening and to join forces to fight whatever it is to fight. Adam is a half demon and is also in this book.. to me he isn't a main character but he is in it more than Clay and Jeremy. Cassandra is also in this book and she is a vampire.. I really don't like her, she was just to me a really bad character, I am so glad she didn't have a major role. Leah is also a half demon but she has a different ability to Adam. Savannah is a witch and she is only a young girl who was kept underground with Leah and soon to be Elena. Savannah may be young but she is powerful. There is many more characters but I don't want to bore you with them all. I am just going to say all character have something interesting about them.




My overall opinion is that I liked most of the characters and the plot was utterly amazing. The ideas in this book is phenomenal and I will never forget about this book either.
I recommend this book to anyone who reads Adult books and love supernatural creatures such as.. Vampires, Werewolf's , witches, demons etc..


Tara
Rating: 















3 comments:

  1. I love reading along with someone else getting into Kelley Armstrong, it's like lending out a Beatles vinyl or something. Armstrong is very good at keeping sex scenes brief (sometimes I think that she would rather leave them out altogether, but the rules of contemporary UF hold sway) and then getting on with the larger plot. Cassandra, unfortunately, remains irritating. She gets more sympathetic, sure, but she never quite crosses the line into genuine empathy, she's too inhuman at this point for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah ha i agree with all of what u said :D

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are liking it!
    Pabkins @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...