Sunday 30 October 2011

Review of Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld #3) by Kelley Armstrong

Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3)
Description 
Leader of the American Coven, guardian to the preteen daughter of a black witch … it’s not the lifestyle twenty-three year-old Paige Winterbourne imagined for herself, and it’s wreaking hell on her social life.
But she’s up to the challenge. When half-demon Leah O'Donnell returns to fight for custody of Savannah, Paige is ready. She’s not as prepared for the team of supernaturals Leah brings with her, including a powerful sorcerer who claims to be Savannah’s father. Cut off from her friends, accused of witchcraft, Satanism, necromancy, murder…Paige quickly realizes that keeping Savannah could mean losing everything else. Has she finally found a battle she isn't willing to fight?

*This is an adult book and may contain sex, and it does contain strong language* 

My Thoughts
So the third in the serious whoop :D. I know that this is going to be good... I can tell this is more to do with magic than werewolves.. how?.. because of the description and title. I love the line underneath the authors name. Prepare to be enchanted. . . - This seems interesting and good. Anyway This was also from my sister.

The writing style is exactly the same as the two books before this..:D.. and I its easy to read it if you don't mind long books. The story-line is different two the 2 before which I am very glad of though it does mention characters from the book before and has some in. Paige is the main character here and the POV is her. She was in the last book but didn't play a major role., but in this she does. Is it just me are is the font getting bigger..or is it just that I'm getting used to it.. whatever the reason I feel its getting easier to read these books which I am glad. Though at first it was a but slow and uninteresting but after it started rolling and I was glued to the book and wanted to finish it.

The main character in this book is Paige and she was an all right character not as good as Elena but still an alright character. She's strong and determined to keep the ones she loves as safe as possible and will do anything to do just that. Savannah is so young but yet so powerful and her love for her mother and even Paige is so strong and I just love her so much as a character. Lucas is also a main character and I actually love him to bits. He just wanted to help Paige and yeah it started out professional.. but then.. it turned out he really is a great and kind guy and I loved him to bits. Leah, let me think of what I can say about her other than she is such a mean character and I hate her to bits.  There was many other characters and not just good ones the bad characters are just as bad.

My overall opinion on this book is that it was a good read and I loved it enough to read the next book .. even if I hated it I would :D
Some of the characters was just so utterly amazing and I am glad they were in it.. though I wished that more of the characters from the last book was in it.
I recommend this book to all adult and people who have been reading this series so far.


Tara
Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...