Friday 7 October 2011

Review of Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles #4) by Alyxandra Harvey


Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
Description 

The Drakes and friends will be tested when an infestation of deadly vampires threatens Violet Hill.

Lucy's cousin Christabel has come to live in Violet Hill, and adjusting to the difference between life in a small mountain town and her home in the city is difficult enough. The strict curfew that Lucy's parents enforce is the worst part. Something really dangerous couldn't possibly happen in this tiny town.
But Christabel has noticed some mysterious happenings, and it seems like Lucy, her boyfriend Nicholas and his brother Connor are all in on a secret that Christabel doesn't understand—one that seems deadly serious. Although she won't admit it, Christabel would love to be in on any secret with Connor Drake. But when she is kidnapped by the ruthless Hel-Blar vampires, Christabel must cause more and more trouble in Violet Hill, Lucy and Connor finally fill Christabel in on all the undead drama. Together, they must find a way to stamp out the Hel-Blar for good.


My Thoughts
Well when my sister came home saying she bought two books I was so excited... and I jumped for joys when I saw this was one of them. After she read it I stopped reading what I was reading and started reading this.. I would say I read it within a day. The cover relates to the book to me, and I love how if you saw it you would be drawn into it.

This book is so well written and well thought out, I didn't really forget the characters though I did get confused at some parts of the book, but that might be because I am one confused girl. The POV changes with each chapter and takes turn. So 1 chapter is Lucy.. the other is Connor and then the next Christabel. This is a great plot and though some characters arent the main ones in this book they still pay an important role. Solange kind of creeps me out in this book.. you will see why, if and when you read this, or if you have already.

The characters in this book are either human, or a vampire, OR maybe a Hel- Bar. Christabel is here because of a certain reason and she is trying to get used to living in violet hill, she doesn't know anything about the vampires but she soon learns about it, she is brave and an interesting character and I loved her love for books and poetry. Lucy was a character in the last 3 books so i don't really need to say much apart from I loved her still and I liked how she is so brave even knowing that danger is out there. Connor is one of the Drakes brothers and how I like is point of view. He is one tough vampire and I love how he risked everything to do a certain thing in the book. (not saying what :) )

My overall opinion on this book is.. its as good as the other 3 before :D .. If you loved the others.. or if you haven't read them yet.. then GET your hands on them.


(PS. WHAT an ending :O )


Tara


Rating:












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...