Tuesday 10 April 2012

Review of Carrier of the mark (Carrier Trilogy, #1) by Leigh Fallon

Carrier of the Mark (Carrier Trilogy, #1)Description 

Their love was meant to be. 

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.

My Thoughts 
Well when I first read the description I really loved the sound of it, I also love the cover and how intriguing it looks. I read some reviews and most of them which I read were negative so I was really confused why, so when my sister said she has the book, but wont be reading it, I jumped to the chance to read it.



I really liked this book, It wasn't as bad as people were saying, the only thing which made me rate it lower than I would of was the fact they loved each other pretty much straight away, I knew there is probably a reason, but it still makes me rate it lower. Other than that it was an interesting storyline, I love the fact they have the elements as powers, the pace of the book is very interesting and I loved the style of writing as it was easy to read and understand what was going on. The POV is mostly around Megan the main chacracter.

Megan is such a great girl, she has moved around a lot with her dad and she has been starting new schools for a while now, so when she starts this school she is nervous as usual but I feel she fits in straight away, she meets friends and she also meets a hot dark handsome guy called Adam, who is always looking at her for some reason and she wanted to know. I love how all her friends care for her, wants to know her and hangs around with her, she is never truly alone and I am glad as I love her as a character. She has flaws just like me and you do, but she doest care she lives life to the way she wants to. When her life suddenly changes she has to cope with it all and I feel she copes with the changes very well, and she grow stronger and braver throughout the whole book. This was an amazing character builder.
Adam is so caring, considerate and care free. I loved his character so much and for many reasons. One reason is he cares for Megan straight away without even knowing her very long. I also like his gift which is the water element which means he can breathe and talk underwater and other stuff which I feel is an amazing gift/power. He also sounds very yummy and hot so it helps when picturing the book and stuff.
Áine  is Adams twin and she has the gift of nature which means she bring plants back to life and control other nature based things. I didn't like her at first but she really grew to me and I felt she was an awesome girl and I also felt sorry for her at times.
Rían is there older brother who has the gist of fire, which is also very cool. At first I hated him, hated him more than Aine but I knew there was reasons, and I understood them when I learnt about them. I did grow to like him and I felt overall he is a good character just not as good as Adam.
Fionn is Adams, Aine and Rian's guardian of some sort and he has known about them having gifts from the very start and has helped protect them from evil people. I like him a but I felt he was a bit to controlling for my liking. 
There is more characters but I feel I have the covered the main characters as the book mostly revolve around these 5 characters. 

My overall opinion of this book is I really enjoyed the read and I cant wait until I can read the next in the Trilogy :D 
I recommend this book to all YA lovers and who doesn't get put off with a bad review here and there. 


Tara
Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...