Monday 29 August 2011

Review of The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)Description
Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he cant seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worsePercy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. Percys mom decides its time that he knew the truth about where he came from. She sends Percy to Camp Half-Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friendsone a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of AthenaPercy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.
^^GoodReads^^


My Thoughts
So I didn't know what to read so my sister said why not read Percy Jackson because I have the rest of the series, but I didn't want to because I have seen the film, and I knew I'm going to compare all the way through, but I gave in and read it and how I am glad I did.

Rick Riordan is a great writer and as soon as I started reading it I never wanted to stop (though I did sometimes). The style of writing he uses, is simple and yet very creative I never got confused at any time which some authors do to me sometimes. The POV was focused on one character at all times, Percy Jackson hence that each book has Percy Jackson and....so on. He thought of so many ideas and kept me intrigued to think of what other animals/creatures could he muster up. Also the places he wrote about and the history he uses to play it all out is quite amazing and he must of did a lot of research.

My thoughts on the characters are.. Percy has spent his whole life jumping from one school to another because of his temper and has to put up with his smelly step father, but things start to happen which he can't control so then he has to take control and fight to the end, he may not want this life but he has to have it. Grover is Percy's mate though he ain't even human not like he knows or anything. More Character are introduced bad ones good ones and ones you think are good but turns out to be bad.

My overall opinion is, I like the book way better than the film and if you have seen the film and is put of with reading the book don't be just READ it :D




Tara
Review: 












2 comments:

  1. I loved this book and the rest of the series. Rick Riordan is a great author. I also really like mythology- and I think the way he incorporates it into the book makes it easier for people to understand. I thought the movie was a big let down after the books- so much was changed and a lot was left out (I had to tell myself not to think of it as the movie version of the book- but as a movie by itself- then it was a bit better.)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you :D

    The books were just amazing :D

    Tara

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...