Monday 17 September 2012

The Cover Wars: The Masque of the Red Death


Rea of Rea's Reading and Reviews and I decided to get together to do a weekly meme where we would compare covers of the UK editions of books with those of the US editions.
The aim of this is to just have a bit of fun. We put ourselves in the position where we see both of these books side by side in the bookstore. Which would we choose? Why that one and not the other?

This week, we will be comparing the UK and US covers of The Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin.

The First book is the US version and the Second one is the UK
version.




Tara says: Now... This one is a hard one: they book look amazing. The UK one has the mask in which it says in the title. Then the US one has a woman who looks very intriguing. In the end I am going to go with the one that stands out the most to me if I look at them both in front of me. That would be the US one.


Rea says: This is a hard one. Both are beautiful in their own ways. Even though it’s obvious that the mask has been photo shopped onto the cover on the UK version, it still gets a very potent message across with such simple imagery. The US cover is so very pretty in another way. This is the version I have and the quote on the front, “haunting and beautiful”, fits this cover as well. If I saw them side by side, I’m honestly not sure which one I’d be drawn to first, but I’m going to go with the US cover this week.
Score: 

Week 33:      US: 6    UK: 19   Draw: 8


Do you want to join in too? Here’s how:

Step 1: Copy and paste the Cover Wars image.

Step 2: Copy and paste our intro or write your own but it must link back to both of our blogs.

Step 3: Copy and paste the US and UK cover images.

Step 4: Compare the two.

Step 5: Either use our score or keep your own score.

Step 6: Post it and share it!

Thanks and have fun!

2 comments:

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...