Tuesday 18 September 2012

Review of Kingdom of the Wicked (Skulduggery Pleasant #7) by Derek Landy

Kingdom of the Wicked (Skulduggery Pleasant, #7)
Description
Magic is a disease.

Across the land, normal people are suddenly developing wild and unstable powers. Infected by a rare strain of magic, they are unwittingly endangering their own lives and the lives of the people around them. Terrified and confused, their only hope lies with the Sanctuary. Skulduggery Pleasant and Valkyrie Cain are needed now more than ever.

And then there's the small matter of Kitana. A normal teenage girl who, along with her normal teenage friends, becomes infected. Becomes powerful. Becomes corrupted. Wielding the magic of gods, they're set to tear the city apart unless someone stands up against them.

Looks like it's going to be another one of those days…

Sorry for my lack of reviews..

My Thoughts 
I have been waiting for like.. ages for this book to come out so when I saw it in WHSmiths, I texted my sister and she told me to buy it and she will give me the money back, so that's what I did. The description sounds AMAZING just like all of the past books by Derek Landy :D. The title sounds very interesting as well and then the cover just TOPS it all :). Very intriguing all together.

After I got into this book it just... well it was amazing, it made me read it as much as possible, whenever I could read it, I read it. I could only read it while at home as Its a hardback and I don't like carrying hardbacks around outside in my bag. The storyline is bloody fantastic and interesting and great and all of the other positive things you can say about a storyline of a book. The style of writing is very easy to read and it is very descriptive. The POV changes between many people in the book but it is mainly focused around Valkyrie in my opinion.

Valkyrie is the best teenager female character of all time in my personal opinion as she is strong, brave and she tries her VERY best in every situation she finds herself in. If I were in her shoes I think I would have given up and just stopped being so strong. She sometimes feels weak and sad but Skulduggery helps her out.
Now Skulduggery is the best MALE character out there.. well.. definitely the best SKELETON. He is funny, amazing, strong, brave and fantastic. He is basically a powerful Skeleton who helps save the world along side Valkyrie. He make my day in the book as he's funny but then sometimes he gets angry and sad but when he does Valkyrie helps him out. So he helps her out and she helps him out. AWESOME characters.
There is other characters but as its been a month since I read this I have forgotten what exactly happened. All I know is there is the old characters which we have seen before, and also new ones. Every character in this books makes this book what it is, without one of these characters the book wouldn't of worked.

My overall opinion of this book is IT WAS AMAZING !!!!!!!!! I can not wait until the next book :D
I recommend this book to all Derek Landy fans and also if you have read the books before this one :)

Tara
Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...