Monday 24 September 2012

The Cover Wars: Cross My Heart


Rea of Rea's Reading and Reviews and I decided to get together to do a weekly meme where we would compare covers of the UK editions of books with those of the US editions.
The aim of this is to just have a bit of fun. We put ourselves in the position where we see both of these books side by side in the bookstore. Which would we choose? Why that one and not the other?

This week, we will be comparing the UK and US covers of Cross My Heart by Sasha Gould

The First book is the US version and the Second one is the UK
version.



Tara says: Both covers are completely different apart from one thing, the MASK on the girl’s face. I like the colourful idea with the UK one, but then I like the dark looking idea with the US one. Just because to me it would stand out more on a shelf I will go with the UK one.


Rea says: Actually this one is an easy choice for me as well. Though the UK cover is pretty in its own right, it just doesn’t attract me like the US one does. There must be something about black covers with a masked individual as the only real imagery. I have a few like that and I love them all. This is another one that would immediately draw me to it in a shop. US for me.
Score: 

Week 34:      US: 6    UK: 19   Draw: 9


Do you want to join in too? Here’s how:

Step 1: Copy and paste the Cover Wars image.

Step 2: Copy and paste our intro or write your own but it must link back to both of our blogs.

Step 3: Copy and paste the US and UK cover images.

Step 4: Compare the two.

Step 5: Either use our score or keep your own score.

Step 6: Post it and share it!

Thanks and have fun!

4 comments:

  1. This book was good couldn't put it down...great read good for all ages...the plot was excellent and had you guessing till the end.

    regards,
    charmaine of Kansas Pheasant Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both covers. But, I prefer the US cover. I like the colors better.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...