Sunday 25 March 2012

Review of TimeRiders (TimeRiders #1) by Alex Scarrow

TimeRidersDescription 
Liam O'Connor should have died at sea in 1912. Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010. Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2026. Yet moments before death, someone mysteriously appeared and said, 'Take my hand ...'

But Liam, Maddy and Sal aren't rescued. They are recruited by an agency that no one knows exists, with only one purpose - to fix broken history. Because time travel is here, and there are those who would go back in time and change the past. That's why the TimeRiders exist: to protect us. To stop time travel from destroying the world...

My Thoughts
I didn't even know this existed, until I pre-ordered the last Artemis Fowl book, and got it for free. I read the blurb and went "Yep it sounds good to me". The cover is very interesting and it stands out well. I love that writing part below the title, it just gives you that extra push to read it. Overall I really cant wait to read it.

I really haven't read anything like this before, I got confused in times, but I loved a load of the book. The storyline is time travelling and its just amazing. The start of the book made me want to read more, and I am glad I read this. It was weird but great and I loved the characters in this book. The pace is not to fast and not to quick which makes reading it so easy. I loved the fact it kept changing from one year to another because that meant you weren't missing anything from the book.

Liam O’Connor is originally from 1912, so waken up in a different year would be very hard for him to cope with. He has more to learn than Maddy and Sal, and he copes with everything in a really good way. He tries his hardest with everyone, he is brave, kind and very caring towards certain people.
Maddy Carter is originally from 2010, so when she was waken up in a year close to hers, it wasn't as bad as Liam, but it was still a shock to her. She is very kind, and she helps Liam understand what has changed etc.
Sal Vikram is from the year 2026, so she has learnt stuff which has happened in 1912, and 1010 maybe at her school or something. She knows what happens in life. I think out of all 3, she copes with it the best, she's like a kind of mother figure to the other 2. I like her a lot.
Foster is the one who saved their life's just minutes before they were originally going to die. He's a strange guy, and at first I thought he was going to be a bad guy. He's kind and supportive, but I think he's a little too strict at times, and maybe a bit harsh.
BoB well I cant say much about him but he's a funny character and liked him to bit.
There is other character who play important roles but I think the ones above are the main, main characters. All characters were amazing in there unique way.

My overall opinion of this book is, I loved it, but felt some things lacked, I felt confused in times, but mostly I enjoyed it. It was definitely something I haven't read before. Brilliant read.
I would recommend this book to people who love time travel, YA and maybe people who don't mind some history :)



Tara
Rating:




2 comments:

  1. Hi Tara, just stumbled across your review of TimeRiders. Thanks for taking a chance and giving it a go! And so glad you enjoyed it.

    FYI, there's another eight books in the series if you fancy sticking with it.

    all the best

    Alex Scarrow (author - TimeRiders)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg :)

    I will eventually :) Hoping to be able to read them all :)

    Thanks :)

    Tara

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...