Saturday 3 March 2012

Review of Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren DeStefano

Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2)
Description 
Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion. But danger is never far behind. 

Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago―surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness.

The Two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine's twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous―and in a world where young woman only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can't seem to elude Rhine's father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion… by any means necessary.

My Thoughts 
After reading the first one, I just couldn't wait to get my hands on this. My sister got it on kindle Wooo!! so I have to borrow her old kindle to read it. The cover is similar to the first one but its different as well. The description sounds like the book is going to be amazing and I just cant wait to see why the book is called Fever.

It.Was.Amazing. Yes it really was, I loved how it started until how it ended and I was hooked to the book, I didn't want to put the book down but of course I have to now and then but when I could read it, I was definitely reading it. The start of the book is continuing soon after the last book and it also reminds you of stuff from the last book so you don't have to re-read the book. The storyline is Rhine and Gabriel trying to run away from Vaughn who wants Rhine back. Though they manage to run away they put them selves in danger but with someone else. This whole book has twists and turns which makes you just want to say.. WOW.  I love the concept of the book and how everyone was shown, even the smallest things in this book made it a book worth reading. It was way better than the first in my opinion. 

On to the characters...
Rhine is such a brave girl, who has been through a lot and she wont give up without a fight. Throughout this book she comes to difficult times and difficult decisions which she has to choose what to do. I feel sorry for her that this has happened to her. I also think she is such a loveable girl who I am proud of. Everything she does in this book is what she and Gabriel think is for the best, and I loved that idea. 
Gabriel didn't have to run away, but he did to help Rhine and I am so glad he did, I don't think Rhine would have survived all of this without him, but also without Rhine he wouldn't of survived this either. Together they are stronger and I love that concept. He is such a great and wonderful guy and I would do anything for every girl in the world to have someone like this. He is brave and loveable as is Rhine. 
Madame is such an evil woman and I hate her to bits, she doesn't care for anyone at all and hurts people like they are dolls to play with. There isn't much more to say other than I am glad she was in the book but I hate her. 
Vaughn isn't in the book as much as the last book, but he is in it enough for you to want to kill him, or at least give him the taste of his own medicine. Throughout the whole book all he wants is Rhine back, and he wont stop at nothing to ensure this happens. He is evil and mean and I don't like him, if I were to compare him to a female character in this book, I would compare him to Madame. 
There is many more characters which makes this book a great book but if I were to talk about them I would properly give away spoilers in which I do not like doing. All you need to know is all characters were portrayed in a good way. 

My overall opinion of this book is I loved it so much and I cant wait until the 3rd book is out. :) 
I would recommend this book to people who have read Wither and people who love a good YA book :) 


Tara
Rating: 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...