Sunday 11 March 2012

Review of Ocean of Blood (The Saga of Larten Crepsley #2) by Darren Shan

Ocean of Blood (Saga of Larten Crepsley, #2)Description 
The epic tale of the vampire Larten Crepsley continues. The question is – how far can Larten go… alone?
  
Free from their mentor Seba Nile, Larten Crepsley and Wester Flack join the Cubs – wild young vampires with little respect for human life, and a taste for mindless enjoyment. 

For the Cubs, everything is easy. But nothing has ever been easy for Larten, and soon fate throws his life into another spin. With dark paths to travel, Larten finds himself far from the Vampire Mountain and its rules. A long way from home, sick and alone, he must decide what kind of vampire he will be. Whether he will stand firm, be true to his master and his princples – or whether he will lose himself in blood…


My Thoughts
WOO! I am so happy that I have this at long last. I have been waiting for the second one to go in paperback for a while now, I know I seem weird that I am only going to be buying the paperbacks but, its cheaper and a whole lot easier to carry around and read it. The cover looks very interesting and a bit scary to me. The title basically sums up the cover.

This didn't let me down, not at all. The storyline was very different to the book before which I am very glad of, it has so many twists and turns, which kept me hooked into the book, I just wanted more with every page I turned, and when it end I just wanted it to go on, so I cant wait until the next on is out in paperback. I really loved how throughout the book its following what Larten is going through, but at the same time, what others were going through too. As I have read the Darren Shan Saga, I keep thinking, is this really what things were like before Larten was older. I loved what happened throughout the whole book. It was a bit gross at times, mostly the ending but it didn't put me off at all. The POV is mostly around Larten Crepsley.

There is many characters in this book, and I actually wrote the characters down on my laptop so I wouldn't forget them.
Larten as one of the main characters and as the whole saga is about him, is a great character I loved how he acted until a certain point. I love how he tries to do what others expect of him until he realises it should be what he wants no what others. I keep comparing him to what he is like in the Darren Shan saga, and I know I shouldn't but I do.
Wester has been with Larten since an early age where he lost his family. Him and Larten has been friends and more like brothers since they have both been vampires. I loved Wester's love for Larten and he normally looks for him for advice maybe, and does mostly what he does. Wester knows what he wants to do, he wants to train and be a good Vampire, and eventually he wants revenge which is different to what Larten wants.
Seba Nile is the one who turned Larten and Wester into Vampires when they were younger, he is the one who trains them and helps them become a real vampire, strong vampires. When Wester and Larten is away from him for a bit and then suddenly returns he just lets it be. He doesn't boss them around, he knows whatever they want he will let that be. I love Seba a lot and I like how he loves them as if they are his own flesh and blood. 
Evanna is so weird and confusing to me, I mean I remember her from the Darren Shan saga as well, and things which happen with her is what we were told in that saga. She is helpful in this book, and I feel she was a good character to be in this book. She has a soft spot for Larten in which things go terribly wrong with them in this book. 
The last character which I am going to talk about is Vancha. He helps Larten for a bit when he is away from everyone, when he is alone.Vancha is also in the Darren Shan saga but I didn't really know until the weapon he uses were mentioned. He's a good character, and I know he was hardly in it, but he was in it enough to know I like him. 

My overall opinion of this book is, I loved it very much, and its an easy read, I can't wait until the third one is out in paperback. 
I recommend this book if you have read the first book, the Darren Shan saga, and any other books from Darren Shan. 


Tara
Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...