Friday 25 November 2011

Review of Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson

Ultraviolet

Description 
Once upon a time there was a girl who was special.
This is not her story.
Unless you count the part where I killed her.


Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?

My Thoughts

My sister bought this but because she was busy reading other books she said I could read it first, and of course I will say yes. So I read the blurb and description on Good Reads and I literally went YEP I will love this book. Then the cover also drew me in.. and then I saw the Author and went OH.. hmm.. I may not like this after all. Long story cut short I couldn't get into her book Knife. I never say no to a book though so I read it. 

Well I am glad I read it that's one thing I'm going to say to this. As soon as I opened the book and read the first page I was glued to it and all I wanted to do was just read...read...read and so on. The storyline was amazing and interesting. There was many twists and turns I think in this book, but that helped me stay interested. The style of writing is simple and easy to read and its not a complicated book which drags on.. or at least feels like its dragging on, nope. The idea in this book is very interesting and truly fascinating. The main character and the POV is around Alison.

Now onto characters.. Alison the main character the one who's been sectioned in a mental institute. I can't find more words to say then she is a great character and I loved how she saw things and I feel truly sorry for and what she thought she did or didn't do. Sebastian Faraday is another character which I loved. At first I loved him and then I hated him AND then I LOVED him even more. You will or might see that when you read it. He has a great personality to me. Her mum seems unable to understand her daughter and the problem she has, while her father is trying to understand it and keep in touch with her. There is many other characters but I can't really speak much about the others.

My overall opinion of this book is everyone should try to read it because its an amazing book and has a very good storyline with twists and turns.
I recommend this book to all YA fans and people who like to read all type of books.


Tara
Rating:









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...