Friday 11 November 2011

Review of 8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf by Michael Mullin

8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf


Description 
Written in verse, this is the previously untold story of the previously unknown 8th dwarf, named Creepy. He is banished to the basement for being different and, well, weird. Yet he plays a vital - and of course previously unknown - role in the popular tale of Snow White (whose title character is an intruder Creepy refers to as "the Maid").



My Thoughts
Well i got this book for free and i read it on my computer. The author emailed me saying that i could and asking me to review it if i was able to. I was like as long as its short i will. The cover is a bit funny and childish to me but oh well.

So the book was more of a poem to me but it was very interesting. I liked how the idea of another Dwarf is truely great and it made me laugh when thinking of the normal story. Michael Mullin has a great talent to think of ideas and to be able to write in verses. The diagrams in the book was also very interesting. Some words stood out by making it bolder as well.

Well the main character is this 8th Dwarf which never knew existed. I don't know why but i felt sorry for him even though he was a bit mean and miserable and not doing as the others wanted. Maybe they should of just kicked him out instead of locking him up.

My overall opinion of this book is that its not my usual read and it wasnt as interesting as the books i normally read but i enjoyed it very well and it was enough for the rating i rated it.


Tara
Rating: 


2 comments:

  1. I have not heard of this book. I like the idea of an 8th dwarf and finding out more about his role. Sounds interesting. I am not sure about reading a while book in verse- unless it is quite short (like a picture book length). I do like verse- just not sure about a long book. I am not sure if the book is for kids or adults- but if it is for kids- the cover looks good!

    Thanks for sharing-
    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very short and if you were to contact the author i think he will be willing to give u a free PDF copy of it.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...