Monday 25 February 2013

Review of Painted Faces by L.H. Cosway


Description 
Come forth with an open mind, for an unconventional tale of love..

Dublin native Freda Wilson considers herself to be an acquired taste. She has a habit of making offensive jokes and speaking her mind too often. She doesn't have the best track record with first impressions, which is why she gets a surprise when her new neighbour Nicholas takes a shine to her.

Nicholas is darkly handsome, funny and magnetic, and Freda feels like her black and white existence is plunged into a rainbow of colour when she's around him. When he walks into a room he lights it up, with his quick wit and charisma. He is a travelling cabaret performer, but Freda doesn't know exactly what that entails until the curtains pull back on his opening night.

She is gob-smacked and entirely intrigued to see him take to the stage in drag. Later on, Nicholas asks her if she would like to become his show assistant. Excited by the idea, she jumps at the chance. Soon she finds herself immersed in a world of wigs, make-up and high heels, surrounded by pretty men and the temptation of falling for her incredibly beautiful employer.

In this story of passion and sexual discovery, Nicholas and Freda will contend with jealousy, emotional highs and lows, and the kind of love that only comes around once in a lifetime.


My Thoughts
The author contacted me and asked if I wanted to review something different to her past books, and of course I was going to yes!. The cover stands out and is so different to other books, and I know I say this a lot, but doesn't that just show how so many authors can be so individual. The title, at first I was confused on what it meant, but once reading the brilliant description you then realise why.. hehe.


This book was amazing. it was so different to any kind of romance story I have ever read in my entire life. The romance in this novel is so real and realistic, as they didn't just go up to each other and say "I love you".... it more like a developing relationship which is so good, as I doubt there is such thing as love in first sight, but.. you never know it could be true in some cases.

I loved the pace of the book, and how it wasn't boring and then interesting and then boring like some books I have read before. It was INTERESTING through out the whole book. The style of writing is perfect and easy to read and understand.

The two main characters are so amazing and I really liked how they formed a relationship, they both had some positives which I loved about them , and also negatives as everyone has those certain flaws.

I am so happy that L.H. Cosway still likes me enough to send me these books for free for an honest review. I have loved every single book you have written so far, and I am sure to love your future ones too.

I recommend this book to everyone who loves a twist in a romance novel, people who have read other books by this author and also just.. if you love books in general.


Tara
Rating: 





ps. Sorry for the long wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...