Saturday 5 May 2012

Review of Hunger (Riders of the Apocalypse #1) by Jackie Morse Kessler

Hunger (Riders of the Apocalypse, #1)
Description
“Thou art the Black Rider. Go thee out unto the world.”

Lisabeth Lewis has a black steed, a set of scales, and a new job: she’s been appointed Famine. How will an anorexic seventeen-year-old girl from the suburbs fare as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

Traveling the world on her steed gives Lisa freedom from her troubles at home: her constant battle with hunger, and her struggle to hide it from the people who care about her. But being Famine forces her to go places where hunger is a painful part of everyday life, and to face the horrifying effects of her phenomenal power. Can Lisa find a way to harness that power — and the courage to battle her own inner demons?


My Thoughts
My sister read this and then put it on top of a pile of books which is growing by the minute on top of my chair. It looked short so I knew when I started reading it I could maybe be able to read it within a day. The cover is really nice and pretty and very very different. The name "Hunger" will always want me to read it :). The description just topped it off :).

I really loved this book in many ways. I loved the reality in it showing that Anorexic is a problem and with this book it kinda shows you it from that person view, how she thinks she fat, how she needs to certain things like not eat to become skinny. Its a real problem and I love how the Author as put it out there for everyone to read along side mixing it with the FOUR horsemen. It was “Thou art the Black Rider. Go thee out unto the world.” which really made me want to read this book and it basically sums up what see has to do. It's definitely a different book to what I would normally read but no matter, it was stunningly beautiful written.

Lisabeth is the main character who suffers from being an Anorexic. She has lived a normal life apart from the fact she is anorexic. But one day it all changes as she is told she is the new Famine one of the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Throughout the book she faces so many problems, challenges and makes mistakes but you also she her fight and try her hardest to do what's right.
Death is portrayed in many ways in many books, but I loved him in this one, he had a weird humour and did make me laugh sometimes. I loved how he made sure she knew there was a way out of it if she chooses that. I did like him a lot.
War is an angry women and she seriously annoyed me a lot, I basically just wanted to stab her, but as she was fictional and not reality I couldn't. Anyway I am glad she was that as she is War. (I mean why have a good war?).
Anyway there is more characters that made this book what it is and I loved every single one for different reasons.

My overall opinion of this book is, it was short and good. I loved some parts better than others,and the characters were amazing and what made this book as good as it was. I would of loved more in this book, but other than that.. nothing was wrong with it.
I recommend this book to everyone who loves reading.


Tara
Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...