Friday 26 July 2013

Review of The Silver Chain (The Unbreakable Trilogy #1) by Primula Bond

The Silver Chain (Unbreakable Trilogy, #1)
Description 
Bound by passion, she was powerless to resist.

One dark evening in London, photographer Serena Folkes is indulging her impulsive side with a night-time shoot. But someone is watching her – mysterious entrepreneur Gustav Levi. Serena doesn’t know it yet, but this handsome stranger will change her life forever…

Serena is fascinated by Gustav, the enigmatic owner of the Levi Gallery, and she soon feels an irresistible pull of attraction. The interest is mutual, and Gustav promises to launch Serena’s photographic career at his gallery, but only if Serena agrees to become his exclusive companion.

To mark their agreement, Gustav gives Serena a bracelet to wear at all times. Attached to it is a silver chain of which he is the keeper. With the chain Gustav controls Serena physically and symbolically – a sign that she is under his power.

As their passionate relationship intensifies, Gustav’s hold on the silver chain grows stronger. But will Gustav’s dark past tear them apart?

** Contains Sex and I think Strong Language ** 



My Thoughts
First off, I just want to say I received this copy from Netgalley.

What drew me in to read this was I felt like I should start reading more adult books a little bit more. The cover is simple but yet effective as the title and cover is linked together. The colours used on the cover are only Silver, Pink, Black, White and Grey and that’s it so I liked the fact the colours were simple too. The Title was also very intriguing and I just wanted to know “WHAT ABOUT THE SILVER CHAIN!” Once all of the first impressions was over I then read what it actually was about. I kind of guessed it would be a book with sex in and stuff. Also the thing I wanted to know about the silver chain was answered in the description. A few people compare this to Fifty Shades of Grey, but I really hope it’s better.

I really enjoyed this book a lot. It was most definitely better than Fifty Shades of Grey as it had more storyline to it and more in depth with the characters. I couldn't put this book down, well I did but I didn't want to as it was so good.

The storyline was very detailed and well developed and I felt there were no faults in the writing style at all. The pace of book goes along in a steady pace. There was something that really bugged me and I can see why some people compared it to fifty shades of grey as at some points I kept thinking of “Fifty Shades of Grey” ... but that was only now and then but that it is the reason why 1 star was knocked off as I really like stories to not be the same as other stories.

The characters are well developed and I loved each and every one for their own little reason.
Serena is trying to be an independent woman in London and trying to start her career. I love the fact she wanted to do this by herself with no help and the fact she moved to London which is like the most hectic place in England. She is a very great character and I loved her throughout the whole book.
Gustav, Gustav, Gustav.. What can I say about him, He is nowhere near perfect at all. He has flaws and he has a dark past. I actually enjoyed him, though at times I was like “Why!?”.

The ending makes me want to read the second one.. oh wait .. it's not out yet!


My overall opinion on this book was I really enjoyed apart from those times when I kept thinking of “Fifty Shades of Grey”.
I would recommend this book to people who like reading books which are like this book.


Tara 
Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...