Monday 27 February 2012

Review of Switched (Trylle Trilogy #1) by Amanda Hocking

Switched (Trylle Trilogy #1)Description 
When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy finds out her mother might've been telling the truth.

With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - and it's one she's not sure if she wants to be a part of.



My Thoughts
I think I have known about this book for a while but I didn't have the money to read it and I didn't know my sister had it on her kindle. The cover is very interesting and I have saw other covers as well which is I think better. The description is short but sweet. Overall I think its going to be a good read.

I started reading it on my friends iPod which I am happy about, but as I got half way through I found out that my sister has it and so I switched to her old kindle. This is a very interesting but different book, I felt it had a lot of amazing parts but something was missing, I'm sure of it. The storyline is interesting and kept me wanting to know more about the characters, the truth and how it was all going to work out. The pace of the book is okay but I felt it could of been a little better, the grammar and spelling were great to me and I understood everything. The POV is focused around Wendy the main character.

Wendy is the main character and I do like her I really do, but not as much as I have liked other main characters in other books. Sometimes I felt like she always wanted her own way, she would do anything for it, but sometimes she just seems like a spoilt girl. I know she has went through a lot as a young girl and still is but sometimes the way she acts is un called for. I like how brave and kind she is sometimes. She sticks up for herself and she's not afraid to go with what she knows is right even if there is consequences.
Finn, well I didn't like him at first and then I liked him, and then I stopped liking him again and I'm hoping if I read the next book I can like him again. He has to protect Wendy in this book, but I feel there's more to that. He does as he is told, and he never tries to do what he wants to do, and if he does its rare. I do really want to like him, but I feel I cant, with what happened in the book.
Elora, well I don't like her, I know she's Queen and there is rules to go by and everything but she never shows any love at all. I feel she doesn't care at times, but then in other times I know she does.
Rhys is the only character I actually loved, he tried to tell Wendy things, he made her feel comfortable and relaxed but he isn't mentioned as much which I wished he was. I loved his whole character and how he does anything to protect Wendy and make her feel happy.
There is more characters but its hard for me to see. There is characters who I like, and characters who I hate, but even with the characters I hate it makes this book a good book. It would of been boring if I loved every single character.

My overall opinion of this book is I loved it, but felt something was missing but still haven't figured that bit out.
I would recommend this book to people ho love YA and like a good book.


Tara
Rating: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...