Friday 13 January 2012

Review of Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter #3) by Nalini Singh

Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)Description 
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux and her lover, the lethally beautiful archangel Raphael, have returned home to New York only to face an uncompromising new evil…
 
A vampire has attacked a girls’ school—the assault one of sheer, vicious madness—and it is only the first act. Rampant bloodlust takes vampire after vampire, threatening to make the streets run with blood. Then Raphael himself begins to show signs of an uncontrolled rage, as inexplicable storms darken the city skyline and the earth itself shudders. The omens are suddenly terrifyingly clear.
 
An ancient and malevolent immortal is rising. The violent winds whisper her name: Caliane. She has returned to reclaim her son, Raphael. Only one thing stands in her way: Elena, the consort who must be destroyed…

*This is an adult book and may contain strong language and does contain sex*

My Thoughts 
I finally bought this with a part of my Nana's Christmas money so I got it in time for it to be wrapped up and put under the tree. After reading the first two one after each other I was glued to the series only to discover my sister gave the third one away.. so I had to wait to get this book. The cover shows me Elena I think who is one of the main characters.. and the description sounds very good, so I'm hoping for a great book like the two before this.

This got me hooked after errm maybe 1 page. I loved the way it just jumped into a storyline with no stopping. The style of writing is easy to follow and the words just flow from the page and into your read making you just wanting to read more. In this book they mention stuff which happened in the books before to help people if they have forgot anything or maybe just to make the storyline flow. You find out interesting new things which keep you asking for more. I was very said when i finished this book knowing that right now the only other book to read doesn't revolve around Elena but Dmitri instead which I may look into reading at some point in my life. The POV changes between Elena and Raphael to make sure we see both sides of the story when Elena and Raphael are not together.

I'm going to talk about the characters I feel are the most important. :)
Elena is the main woman and has been for all 3 books, she has grown and changed through all 3. She used to be just a human who had a natural gift to be able to separate different people.. or vampires or Angels by just scent. I think in the second book is when she became an angel by being made..by her lover Raphael. She is stronger than she was in the second book and is able to fly a lot better and fight. I love Elena a lot and I feel she is such a strong person and I like how she fights along side Raphael knowing she could die.. but knowing her love for him is for more important.
Raphael is the Archangel, who would do anything to protect Elena his lover, he has been in it from the start and I didn't like him much in the first half of the first book.. but how I love him now.. his love for Elena is so.. well I love it. He is a brave, strong character and he tries his best to do what he think sis right , even if it means getting hurt in the process. He also cares about his fellow friends.. Illium, Dmitri.
Illium is an angel.. and he has a past of his own and I would of loved to know more about him but of course this book was mainly focused on Elena and Raphael. He is a loving and caring guy and I liked how he would do anything for Raphael. He is the only one which actually likes or cares about Elena in my opinion.. and even if Elena wasn't with Raphael, I still think he would care and like her.
The last character I'm going to talk about is Dmitri because I feel he deserves to be talked about even though I don't really like him. I feel he is very annoying but deep down I feel he does care .. just a little about Elena though he doesn't show it. He is a vampire which has annoyed me from book 1 when he was annoying Elena. He also would do anything for Raphael, as he did swear an oath of some sort.
The book is full of familiar faces but also new ones which will make this book a very good book, also the sex scenes are very interesting and actually makes the story a lot more interesting, and without them I think the book would of been boring and shorter.

My overall opinion of this book is that I loved it very much and I'm sad that this is kind of the last book.... though there is a 4th on in the series but it is about Dmitri - Archangel's Blade.
I loved every little bit of this book and that is why I have rated it 5 stars :)
I recommend this book to people who have read the 2 before and to adults who like a good vampire.. angel book.


Tara
Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...